Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Sketchbook Challenge Book

I recently got a new book in the mail.  The Sketchbook Challenge by Sue Bleiweiss. I just wanted to share a bit about it here.  Some of you might already follow The Sketchbook Challenge blog.  Yes!  There's a blog too.


Here's a shot of the back.  You should be able to read the text on the back cover if you click the photo for a larger view.


Inside pages:





And look, this book is the cutest size ever.  It's exactly the same size as my iPad.  This makes it very easy to slip both my iPad and the book right into my handbag and have inspiration everywhere I go.


My view of this book? Well I think if anyone out there has been wanting to jump on the sketchbooking bandwagon but has been hesitant...then this book is for you. Even for any of you seasoned sketchbookers, you may just find some new and interesting ways to approach your next sketchbook pages. The book goes over many techniques and information to get you started. There are many contributing artists who shared in this book and it's fun to see how everyone approaches their sketchbooks differently. There's no one way or wrong way to create in your sketchbook. And guess what, you can have more than one sketchbook going at a time. You don't even want to know how many I have floating around the house.

Hop on over to the Sketchbook Challenge blog, where this month's challenge is "circles". A wonderfully basic shape, but one that can become so very complex and used for many ideas beyond its shape.

You can find The Sketchbook Challenge book available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and probably many other online and local retailers.