Thursday, July 26, 2012

House on a Hill - Part 2


I've been adding more color to this piece over the past few days and I think I have come to the point where that is done. I like how it looks with leaving some of the areas more "white", yes, even her lips are white.

Basically all I have left is to heat set, square it up and finish the edges. I think I will do a faced finish on this one.

I had so much fun with this one that I've already started another. At this point I'm still working out the design on paper. No photos yet.

In other news, I totally redecorated my web site. I don't know why, but I seem to get an itch to do that every few years. Check it out here www.terristegmiller.com.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. I would love for you to do a tutorial on facings. I am still looking for a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how your "new" website looks...very clean and easy to navigate. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! And the new web design is wonderful Terri...simple,pretty, and easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For anyone looking for alternative binding method tutorials...

    Here is a link to where I found several that I use. This link takes you to my friend, Brenda Smith's site where she shares her own tutorials and some from other quilters.

    http://serendipitypatchwork.com.au/blog/2008/02/04/free-non-binding-alternative-quilt-finishes/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the new website! The dissolving images are so cool!!!

    Just the right amount of color on this piece, fun...

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.