Monday, July 30, 2012

Happiness is Making Art

Today I'm hand stitching the facing on House on a Hill. And then I need to add the hanging sleeve and label to the back.


Over the weekend I decided to get this purple and orange quilt pieced. I haven't worked on it since I started it and decided it was time to git 'er done. I was sort of getting tired of it taking up a lot of room on my design wall too. So now I have to think about getting it quilted. But first I should see if I have wool batting on hand. Can't remember if I do. This is a baby size quilt and when it's finished I will have three baby quilts all done in the same technique, just laying around. I don't think I need that many baby quilts so I'm thinking of putting them up for sale on Etsy.


And here is a new quilt that I started over the weekend. I am still adding tweaks here and there to it, but for the most part I think the painting is done on this one. This one is smaller than House on a Hill. I used a black brush style marker for the black lines on this one and for House on a Hill I used a black Shiva Paintstik.  I really like the way the Paintstik works for this technique but I just wish they made them in a skinny version, more like a crayon size. The thickness of the Paintstik can sometimes make the lines much too fat.


Haven't named this one yet. Maybe it'll whisper something to me soon.

6 comments:

  1. That's a lot of happiness there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading the process on this one and it is wonderful. Love the color palette and it has all the ingredients that you love using in your pieces. Your new one is already looking so nice. Love her wavy hair.

    I am with you on skinny shiva sticks. I have thought that for a long time and wonder why they do not do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are so very beautiful. Speaking of beauty, I so enjoyed your quilts in the twelve by twelve exhibit at IQF Long Beach.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it ALL!!!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I have missed your unique and beautiful quilts. The drawings and colors and techniques really bring a smile to my face. I reviewed your past posts that I have missed. Whew...now I feel better. Blissful quilting dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colors are always so happy and inspiring! I agree about needing skinny Shiva painstiks.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.