Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Busy and Stressful

I've been busy in the studio this week. I'm in the process of making two quilts that I plan to turn into patterns for purchase. The first quilt shown is from my original design and made last May. See this blog post. This one is a wholecloth painted quilt.


I have always intended to recreate this design in a raw-edge applique style and I'm finally getting around to that. Yikes, it's a year later. I'm just now ready to start quilting this one.


This past winter I had this quilt hanging up as seasonal decoration in my local quilt shop. Many quilters expressed interest in a pattern.


I won't create this quilt in a pattern because the basic design layout, with the hills and houses as they are, is based on a mixed-media painting class that I took a few years ago. So I redrew a pattern with a similar flair and did the houses a little differently. I added more trees to this one also as the trees were the main object that the majority of the people who saw it liked best.


I've got all the fabrics picked out for this quilt and will probably start on it after the one above is finished.

The stressful part of my week has been about my daughter-in-law. She's been having some complications with the pregnancy and each day I pray that all is well. And I also had a sick kitty, but today she's much better.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry for the stresses in your life. Glad the kitty is better and I hope all ends well with your DIL...it can be a scary thing, I know.

    Your new pattern designs are just full of lighthearted fun and I know they will bring smiles to all who purchase them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the seasonal quilt! I hope all is well with your DIL. Maybe my tooth grinding is me processingyour stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings going your way, Terri. Yah, I like the trees, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing your daughter-in-law and the baby all the best. I can only imagine how you must all be worrying. The quilts look lovely. They are fun and have a great sense of whimsy and I too love those fun trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for both DIL and Baby and also for Kitty. It is always so difficult to not know how to help. Your little quilts are super cute. Blessings Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these quilts are just delightful Terri! Your seasonal quilt really increases my desire for fall, and it's only the first day of summer! I'm sending prayers up for your DIL and kitty. I hope they are both well soon.
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Классные квилты. Замечательно!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your design is even better:)

    Hope that your kitty and DIL will be OK. Fingers crossed:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like both of your new designs, especially the tree/house one!

    Hope your stresses diminish quickly and you DIL's health issues resolve.

    Best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending best wishes for the DIL and baby and the kitty, too. It's all so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping all goes well with your DIL. I will keep her in my prayers.
    Love the new patterns. Bet both will be big hits for you.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.