Saturday, May 5, 2012

Progress and a Dash of Purple

I've added more color...stems and leaves are now green, I added some purple shading to several areas on the cats (that may be somewhat difficult to see) and some shading on the flower petals.


Now I'm having doubts about whether to add background color or leave the background as is, just the neutral fabrics. I mocked up (very quickly and messily) a green background in photoshop in the next photo to try and get an idea of what it would be like with background color. I had envisioned green as my background all along. Maybe another color would be better. Hmmmm. Any thoughts?


And here's the state of my sewing space...purple chaos. But I'm loving it! I made a trip to Joann yesterday and picked up crib bumper pad inserts and fabric to cover them. Woo wee!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
New-To-Me Artist Discovery
As I was browsing through another person's pin board on Pinterest (a great big huge time wasting activity), I discovered a photo of a quilt that I liked so I clicked on it and it took me to the artist's web site. Once there, I found myself totally in love with all the work she does. I'm very enamored with the fiber bowls she makes. Do check her out. I hope you enjoy your visit as much as I did.

Artist:  Hilde Morin
Web site:  http://www.hildemorin.com/index.htm

11 comments:

  1. Hilde lives here in Portland and is a friend Her work is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making my mouth water, it's such delicious colors of lime green and peachy tones. Love and hate Pinterest. Beautiful things tho, and sometimes it's really worth it. Will check out the artist. Thanks for the heads up Terri. Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cats are progressing along beautifully. If you're not sure of the green, what about adding a hint of blue for a slight green/aqua tone?
    Thanks for tip re: Hilde Morin's work. It's stunning!
    As for Pinterest. I enjoy it, but boy can you loose time fast!
    Have a great weekend Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't hilde's work wonderful? And she is a smart, interesting woman as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress! I like the backgrounds with a little color...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee.....I dunno......I really LOVE the background the way it is. It just has a wonderful quiet calming feel...of course, I am certain what ever you chose will be fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the green background is not working. The neutrals are wonderful...what if you enhanced them as if you were taking a little Distress inkpad to grunge up the edges of a tag???? With that, you could probably skip borders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kitties are looking so cute and with a dash of color. Your purple is fabulous. I visited the link and her bowls are amazing. I have never seen any so unique and interesting! Thank you for sharing such inspiration. Bumper pads and Cribs and oh my...Grandma is busy. Congratulations and enjoy the most wonderful feeling of being a Grandma. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's a hard choice! I do like the colored background! These are coming out fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like them both...But the green lends the air of being completed.
    I only know that by compairison and compairisons are not always right! I agree too that the background might be better with a different hue/tone than the leaves.
    Your art is amazing, Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the neutral backgrounds with the color coming from elsewhere (the cat, the flowers, the stems & leaves) but no matter what you choose to do, it will be so wonderful when finished!! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.