I finished the quilting on the purple baby quilt over the weekend. Today I started work on the binding and as I type this I have one side left to hand stitch. Then it's ready for a wash n' dry.
I used Quilter's Dream wool batting in this quilt, the same batting I used in the previous two quilts I made like this. See this post and this post. In the photo above, you can see on the left the backing fabric and in the center is a strip of the batting.
Here is a close-up view of one of the blocks, showing how I quilted it. I used a pretty simple design because the variety of fabrics in this quilt I think would not have shown off a more elaborate quilting design. All the blocks are quilted the same. I used Superior King Tut thread in a variegated purple for the quilting.
The next photo shows the crib bumpers I made. I used the same fabrics that I used for the quilt back and binding. The bumpers are reversible so my daughter-in-law can arrange them to her liking.
I'm thinking about making a crib skirt, hanging diaper bag, and a hanging fabric organizer. Hmmmm.....
It would appear that this baby stuff has totally consumed me. For the moment it has and the reason for this is because the baby shower is coming up early in June and I'd like to have all this done in time for that.