Monday, March 5, 2012

Finally Finished

It always feels wonderful when a UFO (unfinished object) gets done.  This quilt, one I had pieced quite some time ago (maybe a year) is finally done.


It's not a huge quilt, maybe measuring around 52" on all sides, give or take a couple of inches.


It was laying on my "to finish" pile for a long time and I had originally pieced it to use as a background for an art quilt.


I used a wool batting and after I quilted it I washed and dried it to plump up the texture.


I decided I loved how it looked just like this and so I could not transform it into an art quilt with a painted design over the top.  It could be used for lots of things at this point...a lap quilt, a furniture decoration, a baby quilt, or a kitty quilt (yes, my cats love quilts!  Don't they all?).

13 comments:

  1. This is going to be one of your favorit quilts. Love it! You said you washed and dried your quilt and used wool batting. Did you just put it in the washer and dryer on low setting? I'm about to use a wool batting and was just a tad concerned as it will be a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really nice! I love the effect of the little strips of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simplicity of the pattern on this one. I notice that you quilted the beegeesis out of it, but I like that too. It's probably what kept the wool batt from shrinking terribly, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Terri. I love the simplicity of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a rich texture! Love it. :) I haven't worked with wool batting yet, but look forward to giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is not to like!!! I luv the colour, the texture, the pattern. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh the texture!! I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done, Terri -- doesn't it feel good to finish a project that's been on your list for a while??? This would make a great lap quilt.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. The texture in this is palpable! Love the lines and puffiness of it. So wonderful to complete projects. Joyful my dear...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors! Just beautiful. I am glad you are leaving it as it and enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.