Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Canvas Tote

I finished painting on the cotton duck cloth that I showed you the other day.  In my excitement to make something with it, I forgot to take a photo of the entire piece of cloth when it was dry.  

I made this market tote, also known as a green grocery bag because they are reusable. The pattern I used to make this bag is a free pattern called Fat Sack by Terry Atkinson. Click here to see Terry's web site.


I'm currently in the process of making a couple other bags from the remaining painted cloth. I'll share those when I finish. Here is what remains of the cloth. This gives you an idea of the overall painting I did. I might be able to make one more small item with this remaining piece....hopefully!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors Terri - I like the part about letting the piece speak to you. I need to learn to do that more -- good inspiration.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the pain of paying for expensive groceries it would be such a smile to carry them in this beautiful bag. You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to the pattern! I'm going to make some of these. I love what you painted on the fabric....it's really gorgeous AND it's my kind of colors!! Great work Terri, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I really love the colors Terri.
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri, this is beautiful. What wonderfully bright and cheery colours. I love the way you've added that little bit of black in those simple line flowers. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this bag. I bookmarked the site so I can make one. Nice gift for friends too.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a fun bright bag! I love your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cheery colours on the bag! Makes me want to sing! As for the little piece how about a little change purse to go with the bag?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely project. Thanks for the link. Luv the colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is FABULOUS!!!! The fabric came out awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.