Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My First Video


In my previous blog post, I shared some mini colored pencil illustrations I had made.  Above are more that I'm working on.  I am having fun with these small, fun pieces.  The bottom four are waiting to be colored.

And I'm very excited to share with you my first ever video tutorial.  I recently purchased a pocket-sized video camera and I'm having fun playing with it.  It was challenging to learn the video editing software, and I still have a ways to go with that.  Hopefully I'll become a pro very quickly.  While the video below isn't going to win any movie awards, I do hope you enjoy it.


Painting with Colored Pencils from Terri Stegmiller on Vimeo.

EDIT: Some of you are asking about where to purchase. I purchased my bottle from Zest-It Art Products, UK-based retailer. To my knowledge it is not yet available in the US and I don't know if it will be. If you are considering purchasing it, I would suggest a Google search to see if you can locate it in your area.

16 comments:

  1. Hi there! I love using my colored pencils on occasion, but have only just learned (from your video! :-) to use "zest-it" pencil blend. Where do you get your supply? I have looked around at our craft stores (I live in Canada) and haven't had much luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on your video. Interesting technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Terri, I love that Zest-it product! It really spiffed up the colors to be quite vibrant. This will be great for a project I have had in mind. I'll check out the website. Thanks for posting this video.
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your video is great! I've been wanting to try one for my blog and have been too scared at the unknown, now I'm inspired! Really enjoyed seeing the technique that you use, Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video! I've never heard of pencil blend. This inspires me to try your technique! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video, Terri! I've never heard of that product either. Thanks foe the lesson! And you'd never know this was your first, it's so well-done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your first video. Don't you wish you could really work that fast! Are you using regular pencil crayons? I have Derwent Watercolour pencils so I can just use water, but the Zest-it product looks interesting if it works with regular pencil crayons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay so I am going to HAVE to get me some Zest-it!!!!

    Your video turned out wonderfully!!!
    and this is your first one?....you always manage to impress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool. Love the technique. Is this product available in the US? or must it be ordered from the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  10. FANTASTIC video!!!! AWESOME doodles, as usual!!! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the video Terri,love the cards. Did you use the same pencils on your mini quilts or did you use fabric paints?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this very cool product and technique in your first video. May I suggest a video on how you paint your fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent video, Terri! Thanks so much for the tutorial. I purchased colored pencils over the holidays and have been wanting to try them out. This is a perfect activity for today (I am supposed to be cleaning the house - lol!).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nicely done! You make it look quite easy. Keep on making those videos :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Terri I finally got to view your video and I have enjoyed it very much. Your style and technique are always so fun. Thanks to your sharing your technique with this fun video I feel like even I can do this. Thank you very much. Blissful Inspiration Hugs Dear...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.