Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fabric with Text: Acquired

I mentioned recently, that when I was at the Quilt Festival in Houston, I was shopping for neutral fabrics with words/text on them.  I came away with practically nothing.  So recently I was browsing the offerings on Etsy.com and came across a seller who had several pieces for sale in her shop.  Yay!  I love one-stop shopping!  I bought these six fabrics (yes, the one at the bottom-left doesn't have words printed on it, but it sort of reminds me of crossword puzzles).


I like having a large assortment of neutral fabrics with interesting prints.  I use them in my backgrounds for quilts like the following.  The printed design of the fabric looks quite interesting, and sometimes different, when painted over with a transparent paint. 


Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

14 comments:

  1. My mouth literally fell open when I saw that fabric! Who is that seller???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is where I purchased the fabrics: http://www.etsy.com/shop/pinkcastlefabrics

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that one of street map - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too like fabrics with words on them - especially neutrals and yes, the bottom fabric reminded me also of crosswords. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Terri,Beautiful!,I like neutral fabrics, I can experiment new design.
    My name is Daniela, I'm SAQA member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you've used these fabrics as a background to your painted pieces - works beautifully.
    Thanks for commenting on my journal cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those fabrics! How funny is it that I just posted pics of my home-made text fabric!!!! Great minds think alike! LOL I'm loving the birdie too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those fabrics! Can't wait to see how you use them, because I LOVE the quilt in the last photo with the bird, so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice fabrics, I look forward to seeing them in your work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of those fabrics. I like those type for backgrounds also, I bought a FQ set of Basic Gray Basics to use for my FW quilt along... it includes notebook/graph papers on varying neutral background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on this, too, Terri... love to collect fabrics with words on them. Thanks for the shopping hint! Your work will certainly be fun to combine with it. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh yes! I'd have been hard pressed to leave these behind. Great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fabrics! I love words on fabrics and they give an interesting depth to a background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your bird! I am a huge fan of text on fabric, particularly if it is black and white!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.