Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What's In The Works

I'm working on a couple of projects simultaneously the past couple of days. This first photo is a piece of cotton duck/canvas that I painted with several layers of design and color. This is going to become a composition notebook cover. The painted fabric was inspired by an artist that I enjoy following. Her name is Roben-Marie Smith and her blog is named Every Life Has a Story. Oh and the colors in this piece are inspired by this month's color palette over at 3 Creative Studios.


Next is a new tote/handbag that I'm working on. This is the first bag I've made using a technique that I've pretty much only used on art quilts so far. So this is sort of the prototype I guess. I have always created these focal designs on a neutral colored background. I'm thinking I may have to try it on a colored background. New ideas popping into my head all the time! Does that happen to you too? I probably better go write this one down or else I could forget about it. Does that happen to you too?


I hope your Tuesday is terrific!

12 comments:

  1. LOVE the little birdie bag and your composition cover is just too lovely!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pieces, Terri!!!!! Especially your Roben-Marie inspired piece! Loving the blocks in the background, too!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! And, yes, there are too many ideas popping around in my brain to hold onto at one time -- artist David Walker once said that was a sign of a highly creative mind. I choose to believe him . . .

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are just super. Really enjoyed the first one, and I love how you've applied the colorway. Srumptious! And Yes. Yes. Yes~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Roben-Marie painted piece is wonderful. I follow her and really enjoy her art and what she does with it. Those tapping fingers are priceless! :o)
    Your little bird is precious and the ideas you have are super. Terrific Tuesday it was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to write down where I live, I forget so much!

    Both of these projects are awfully cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that bird image and it looks great on the bag combined with those other fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a fresh style, Terri. These are such happy pieces. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! You did a bird!!! I love it! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.