Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday Offerings

Composition notebook cover

My third attempt at garment sewing.  I shared the first one with you a while ago, and I won't even show you the second.  I didn't like it and I don't think it was my fault....it was the pattern...yeah, that's what it was!  I like this one though.  It does have a couple of areas here and there that I need to improve on but overall I think it's good and my skills are improving.  Oh, and this one was a stretchy fabric, a heavy jersey or something like that.  Heavier than a typical t-shirt fabric.  Nice and soft.

The latest offering from my sketchbook.  I worked on this one over the course of several days.  I would get to a point and then not know what I wanted to add next, so I took some time to think about it.  Time to flip the page and start a new one.

Hope you are having a wonderful week.  Gosh I can hardly believe the weekend is almost here already. 

11 comments:

  1. Lots of neat stuff here today! You've been a busy girl Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three very impressive! Your top looks very well made and must be super comfy. Love the fabrics and quilting on your notebook cover and what a gorgeous design in your sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all 3 of your creations. Hey, let's see a photo of you wearing the pretty green shirt!

    Lovely..
    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, I think you need to scan that beautiful flower drawing and create a background fabric with it for your next quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! My excitement mounted with each photo. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice quilt AND shirt and you will look so lovely when you wear your shirt and hold up your quilt. Have you ever noticed at show-and-tells how often women are wearing the same colors as are in their quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I like everything in this post! Your Zendoodles are getting so precise and I love the t-shirt (lime is maybe my second favorite color). The notebook is my favorite though. I love all of those colors together. Autumnal without smacking you in the head with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the good ideas. I just heard about zen doodles a few weeks ago and I'm really going to try it. Just didn't know how to get started. I like your ideas. T hanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful drawing. The shirt is nice and very wearable. You did a good job. The same with the journal cover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your flower! It would look fabulous stencilled on your t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Fall look to the composition notebook cover. Love your new top you have sewn. Not easy to sew this type of stretchy fabric and yours looks fantastic. I adore your Zendooetching! Happy weekend...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.