Saturday, August 27, 2011

Kitty Bag in the Making


This is the next bag I'm working on.  I've got the fabrics up on my design wall in the places I think they will be for the final layout.  Next is cutting and sewing.

Do you watch Project Runway?  I have to say that I'm not enjoying this season yet.  There's way too much drama and bickering for me.  I would enjoy it so much more if they'd concentrate on sharing their design development and their trials and errors with creating their designs.  I haven't seen the shows starting way back in the beginning at Season 1.  I think I started around Season 5, but not sure.  I don't know if all the seasons have been more or so like this one or not (I've enjoyed the other seasons that I watched) but so far I'm not rating it very high on the satisfaction scale.  I suppose some viewers enjoy all the drama, I guess I'm not one of them. I can take a little drama, but give me some sewing and design stuff too. What's your take?

REMINDER:  In case you missed my post from last Monday....I'm having a give away (random drawing) for an autographed copy of Masters Art Quilts Vol. 2.  Check out the post here.  You have until midnight, tomorrow night to enter.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Terri, I love that kitty and the colorway...is that one claimed already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched this season of Project Runway. I agree, there's just too much drama and not enough time spent on the creation and sewing of the outfits. The earlier seasons had less cat fighting and were more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitty's adorable and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be a really cute bag! I am watching PR but, I agree, too much drama this season. I have been completely underwhelmed by the fashion. I miss Christian Sirrano

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bag already!

    I watch PR as well and have seen all of the seasons I think and most of the episodes. It isn't the bickering and sniping for me as much as it is the contestants' inablity to assess their own blind spots and compensate and overcome while on the show. So many don't see that they might be wrong (or could do things differently and better) and so many just don't listen. It makes me nuts sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooohhhh, I'm loving this one!!! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love kittys and I love the fabrics you picked out for your bag, can't wait to see how it comes out.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri , Im Love,all you art. work !!!
    many hugs........

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's one RED Hot kitty! Really love the colors.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  10. Canadians don't get to see this season of PR until January (I think) so I can not comment yet
    I am seriously addicted to that show and can hardly wait for the new season. I have not only seen them all, I OWN them all on DVD (my boys know what to buy me LOL)

    We had a Canadian PR but sadly it was only for 2 seasons.......sigh

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.