Friday, June 3, 2011

A Slow Process


This is a painting that I've been working on over the course of maybe about two weeks.    It's a mixed-media project which includes papers, paint, pencils, and crayons on a 10" square gallery wrapped canvas.

I still have a few finishing touches to add to it.  It appears somewhat glossy in the photo.  I haven't applied a varnish to it yet, so I'm thinking it must be from the spray fixative I applied to it.

This kitty cat has not whispered anything to me yet as far as what he/she wants for a name.  

Earlier this week I was wearing my wool socks, but that's all changed now to wearing no socks at all.  Oh my, drastic changes...can they be good?

3 comments:

  1. Oh this firey cat is so beautiful with its dreamy blue eyes. The depth of layers and time definitely do show in this piece of your gorgeous art. No wool socks??? You have warmed up??? We are still having extreme cold and wet nasty weather. So strange for California June. Meowy Smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layers of colors are just lovely :) what a cool looking cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors on this one. Just wait -- I suspect it will roar, not whisper!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.