Friday, April 22, 2011

Journal Quilt #14

Coffee Break (Journal Quilt #14)
Fused cottons, free motion quilting, raw edge finish

This is my first journal quilt in three weeks. As I mentioned a few days ago, I took a short break from doing them and it felt good.....refreshing. Taking on a weekly challenge can be, well, challenging at times and right from the start (at the beginning of the year), when I decided to do a weekly journal quilt, I gave myself permission to not get in trouble if I missed doing some. Oh and I know I wouldn't get into trouble if I missed some, because there are no weekly journal quilt police.

In keeping with my self-imposed journal quilt rules....I used only pre-fused scraps on this one. I created the design as I went. Usually I will pre-draw my plan onto the batting and then cover it with fabric, but this time I decided to just let the fabric do it's own thing.

14 comments:

  1. I just love it. You should do a tutorial on this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Connie - I did a tutorial on this. It's called Mosaic Collage Art Quilting Technique and it's found on the 3 Creative Studios free project page:
    http://3creativestudios.com/free.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like I'm constantly commenting!!!! There's just something about your "style" that always speaks to me. I love this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! The mosaic effect is very fun, too. Will have to visit the project page for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! I love the rich colors.
    :-)
    Monik in Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I think all your cup quilts have been my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors in this one, very rich and great contrasts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you have fusible on all of those little pieces already. Wonderful. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your scraps must have been plotting and planning on your behalf because they certainly placed themselves to perfection! *G*

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fun and bright cheerful piece. I love the freedom of the pieces that come together to form the focal of the quilt. Happy Easter...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful steaming cup of goodness! I am imagining a luscious mocha java!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful journal quilt. Love it. Great use of colors and space.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is beautiful! The colors, the simple bold lines, ... I couldn't have said it better. This is just so fresh. Thanks, again, for inspiration. Stop by and see my fiber art by Kathy Bourgeois at kbartdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.