Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Snow


I finally grabbed some time one evening this week and created this little kitty ATC. My little watercolor paintings are starting to pile up. I should do something with them....perhaps make them all into greeting cards, especially since I have some blank greeting cards on hand.

We had a spring snow storm in my area this week. Hubby came home early from work on Tuesday and yesterday he stayed home because most of the area highways/roads were closed to travel. The snow we received totaled around 8 to 10 inches and is very wet and heavy. Today the sun is shining and it is so pretty out there, even though I'm anxious for spring and green things growing.

Oh and I've now got two pairs of hand knit socks completed. I'm working on my third.

6 comments:

  1. Your kitty ATC is adorable. Love the gumballs! You should do a series. :o) What kind of pen are you using? There aren't many out there that don't run when hit with watercolors.
    Those socks are yummy - awesome colors! Kudos that you actually have "pairs" of them complete...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy! The pen I've been using is Pigma Micron 01. Although it claims to be waterproof...my secret is that I don't add any pen lines until the end, after the paint is dry. I pencil my lines on when I start so I know what I'm painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ATC. Great job.
    Congratulations on getting a pair of socks done.
    I need to get my half sock out and try and figure out what to do next. I'd love to get a pair done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear all are safe from the snow storm. Kitty is adorable. Wow you are really rocking the knitted socks. Good to keep those feet warm. We are having another snow storm again today. Enough I say...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your socks! It's so much fun knitting them, isn't it? My sis says they got a foot in Fargo! We're having unseasonably cold and WET weather here too! Are you worried about the flooding - will it affect your area?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are crazy fun socks! Do the "Happy Feet" dance....!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.