Thursday, March 17, 2011

One Sock Down

Woo hoo!!! I'm so happy! I've finally got a sock done and I'm happy with the way it fits. Yay!


Of course, now I need to make the other one to have a pair. I don't think I want to walk around like this:


And here's a parting shot of what I'm working on today. It's a 12" x 12" quilt that I'm making to donate to this years SAQA Auction. I've donated a quilt for the past, oh maybe three years, I think. Gosh I have a bad memory. Anyway, there are some quilts already submitted for this event that you can view at the link above. I'll share more of my quilt when I'm finished with it.


I'm in the process of attaching a binding that will be hidden and is referred to as a facing.

I've been busy the last couple of evenings and haven't had time to do any more watercolor painting. I think I'm starting to get a little cranky.

6 comments:

  1. Hope we will get to see the finished piece on the little bird... looks very interesting, not to mention CUTE. Get 'crankin' and do some watercolor!!! LOL oh, and the sock is marvelous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous sock!!! You could start a new trend with "just one sock"!

    The little birdie quilt is simply charming and a sweet tweet :)

    Love ya.
    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sock and beautiful bird piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sort of like the one glove thing? LOL!

    Cute sock though and such a sweet little bird.

    Is it cranky from no painting or just straight up cranky?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did it! Welcome to the world of short-row knitting. Nicely turned heel! And I love the birdie -- she's precious!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sock turned out great, your little bird quilt too! And further up I see your postcards - I love mine, thank you. The postcard swap has been such fun - I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery of the final card and then will look forward to the next swap.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.