Friday, February 11, 2011

Journal Quilt #6

Be My Valentine

I took the time yesterday to create this week's journal quilt. Some of the fabrics in this piece are leftovers from last week's quilt. And since Valentine's Day is coming soon, I thought I'd create a piece to go along with that theme.

The white stenciled hearts were something I tried as a test. I had a sticker sheet of hearts that I used up and as I looked at the sheet that remained, I wondered if it could be recycled into a stencil. The sticker sheet remains consists of two layers, the sticker layer and the backing sheet layer. So I took my craft blade to the heart shaped sticker sheet and cut through the backing layer.


The stencil worked great. It isn't as sturdy as a plastic stencil, and I don't know how long or how many uses I will get from it, but it did the job I needed and perhaps a few more.

The journal quilt group photo album is growing each week.  Check out all the great journal quilts.

8 comments:

  1. Terri, I hate to sound like a broken record, but I really like this! Love the layers. Just curious; is the light green strip in the bottom third a piece of printed fabric, with that black curly q design or was it stamped too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this one! You are sooooo talented and so prolific! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply fabulous, dahling!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool quilt. How fun to use something that would have just gotten thrown out in the garbage. Happy Hearts to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely cool! How did you do the tiny hearts along the border? They're precious!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many things to keep without knowing how long will take them to be needed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Great colors, layers and textures. The heart is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been using stencils I converted such as yours for years....I spray several coats of Krylon Clear on both sides.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.