Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm Into Flowers

Yesterday I should have been working on this week's journal quilt, but I just couldn't motivate myself to do so. So I'm hoping to work on it today and share it with you tomorrow. Crossing my fingers...

What I did work on yesterday was a little sketchbook flower design, some ink work on a new quilt in progress, and I also have been painting on brown paper each day (not shown).



I've been averaging one painted brown paper surface every day. I'm working my way through a large pile, trying to get caught up with that. I also needed to use up some paints that were starting to age. It seems a shame to buy them and then let them go to waste. So I'm trying hard to not do that anymore.

I pulled out my Prismacolor colored pencils recently and have been playing with them in my sketchbook. That is what I used to add color to the page above.

Okay, I'm off to play in my studio....gotta make a journal quilt you know!

3 comments:

  1. ooooooo more orange!!! YAY .....this post is just brimming with happy and cheerful eye candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming and love the luscious colors. Nice blend.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah, get crackin' on that journal quilt will ya? LOL! Funny how we gravitate towards what we really want to do first. Everything gets done eventually though:)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.