Monday, January 17, 2011

This is a Quilt!

Walking Along a Sandy Beach
Commercial cottons, free-motion quilting, water-soluble crayons, 
water-soluble pencils, textile medium, acrylic paint
9.5" x 9.5"

This is a Quilt! is the theme for SAQA's 2011-2012 Traveling Trunk Show. All SAQA members are eligible to enter a quilt into this show. All quilts are small, they need to be from 9" minimum per side to 11" maximum per side. And the quilts will actually be matted for the show so that only 8" x 8" will be viewable.

The deadline to get your quilt to the curators is January 21, so I'm right down to the wire with this entry.  This is the first time that I've entered this trunk show.  As I type this, I'm wondering about the history of this show and how long it has been held.  Hmmm, must do research.  If you are reading this and know the answer, please leave a comment.

16 comments:

  1. I love it! Your faces are so cool. I love the way you incorporate them into your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful quilt and perfect for the show. I would love to see it matted and framed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got mine in the mail on Saturday, so i was dragging my feet along with you. Love the blue hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do a good job with these faces Terri. The background is very cool as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this, Terri. Love the stripe and the blue hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the effect you got painting on top of the patterned fabrics.

    This trunk show is similar to last years "Meet SAQA’s Artists: SAQA’s 20th Anniversary Trunk Show" which I believe was a first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is stunning! I love her.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your faces are always special. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The translucent effect you create is beautiful! Do you get to mat it or will all mats be the same? I wonder if the show will come near South Florida, I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful face Terri! Good luck in the show! I love to see a quilt matted and framed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like her hair:) Kind of fun! Good luck with that show-I don't know anything about it but I wondered the same thing as you did (the history). It is SAQA though so should be good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SUCH a GREAT quilt, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is incredible - just look at that detail :) and all those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terri I love her!

    HOW do you do it? She seems pretty translucent. Do you use paint thinly, or dyes????
    Or is it just your creative awesomeness that knows where to lay it on thick and where to leave it alone?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Joy. She is translucent or transparent because of the paint being transparent and not opaque.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.