Friday, January 21, 2011

Journal Quilting

Sunlit Swirls (journal quilt #3)
Mixed-media art journal quilt (fused cottons, free-motion quilted, painted)

This week's journal quilt is quite a bit different from the previous two. I did follow most of my self-imposed rules although it's a little harder to tell on this piece. For example, I still used my pre-fused scraps...they are harder to see though because I layered them all over the background and then painted over them. I also added some color to the thread-sketched focal designs on this quilt.

Don't forget that you can see the journal quilts that others are creating in the 3 Creative Studios Flickr group.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! The paint adds so much texture and gives it a really ethereal look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great example of how to continue to add to the process to see what evolves -- the result is so beautiful.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, she is so lovely. Really love her soft, beautiful demeanor.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like she has been etched on the side of a tree-what a wonderful effect!

    Every time I see your faces I wonder why I haven't tried this yet. I need to stop wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this journal, it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.