Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I Can't Decide

Here is the pile of fabrics I used to create my latest Twelve by Twelve quilt. The color theme this round was called Eggplant and the three colors included in the palette are purple, emerald and wine.


I've now completed two, yes I said two, quilts for this theme and I can't say I'm over the moon about either of them. I found this color palette very difficult to work with. All three colors are dark values and while we have no restrictions on using other colors (like a light color) I still felt somewhat restricted. So now I need to choose which quilt I'll officially submit to the challenge, which will be revealed on January 12.

In other quilty projects... Here is something I started before Christmas and just haven't gotten back to. I was inspired by the wholecloth painted quilts that Judy Coates Perez creates and I had a lazy day one day before Christmas (imagine that), and purchased her instant download DVD on this technique.


You might recognize this image, I shared it with you at Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Now I'm very curious to see what you've done. I like the colour combo and even recognize some of them from my own stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL -- I recognize some of those fabrics from my stash too -- I hope you're going to show us both of your quilts.

    I like the kitty. I took that class with Judy at Festival in Chicago a couple of years ago -- she was just great. I'm looking forward to seeing your work with her techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you may have had some difficulty with those colors-they all seem very intense. I am curious to see what solution you came up with:)

    Painting on fabric-my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rich colors but I see what you mean by needing some others "values". I know you made something wonderful with them :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.