Sunday, October 3, 2010

Seeing Spots

Here is my progress on the third quilt in my gradient panel series. I have finished piecing the top together. The white spots you see are paper circles I have pinned to the quilt. I drew some spiral shapes with pencil and then cut them out. I am deciding if this is the quilting design I would like to use on this quilt. I am thinking I will quilt the spirals and then do some dense quilting around them so they pop.


In other news, my laptop finally died on me. I can't boot it up at all anymore. It served me well and I am really missing it these past few days. I ordered another laptop and now I wait until it arrives. I could have bought one locally, but the models that were offered in the brand I like weren't giving me features I desired. I can't afford a top of the line computer with all the latest and best technology, but I don't want one with a low end processor either. One day I hope to try a Mac, but right now that isn't going to happen. I've got too much software that I need that will only work on a PC.

So in the meantime I've been using my old desktop computer. Just getting the photo above ready for this blog post was a challenge as I don't have my usual Photoshop software to prep photos. I am having to use an old version of Photoshop elements and while many of the features are the same, the interface/workspace/location of everything is much different. This desktop computer is AS. SLOW. AS. MOLASSES. also, and that makes for even more frustration. Sigh! I hope you are having a great weekend. I've been busy quilting on my poppy panel quilt. Yay!

20 comments:

  1. This is really cute Terri! And I think the spiral quilting would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bummer about the laptop :( I love this quilt - there is so much movement in the flowers. They really look as if they're moving across the surface. At first I thought the white circles were part of the design - I think they look really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the white circles--a lot. And the tiny squares at the bottom. What size is this piece?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne, in it's current, unfinished state, it measures approximately 44" x 53". Thanks for commmenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks wonderful. Lucky you aren't in TOO much of a hurry. I hate slow computers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! And especially the bottom border....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your complementary color pallate, & clean design just sings! It's wonderful Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's looking great! I feel your paint. I can read a few blogs between the ups and downs of our internet service!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wes's computer has been freezing up on him too much lately for his comfort so today he bought a new one.

    He dropped me off at Target and by the time I had picked up 3 pairs of slacks, tried them on and was headed to the register, he called me to tell me he was waiting in the parking lot to pick me up.

    I could not have made a computer decision that quickly; clearly we are very different animals. I could hardly make pants decisions that quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terri, that quilt is so fabulous! I love what you're doing lately!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terri - the white circles make the whole quilt come together - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This quilt is so pretty -- I love the colors but the white circles remind me of hail or (gasp) snow! Still, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The square are a wonderful addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really liking how you are designing this quilt. It is a very winning combination.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh I've been dying to make a poppy quilt - this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this series. I really like the bottom border on this one and the color combination of blue and orange is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This gradient panel series is one of my favorites -- love the colors and design. Can't wait to see the quilting!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilt is so lovely, just beautiful! I know all about the computer frustrations, I've had them myself this past summer. I know a little about IT things because I have jumped in many times at work when needed. I know enough to get into trouble...lol. Good luck and enjoy your new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The design, colors, border, everything is perfect! I too thought the white pieces were part of the finished quilt.

    Ohhhh a Mac would be nice to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your quilt Terri. I've been re-charging my batteries and been going round my faves for a change.
    So you still need a light for the Kindle? I would like one for exactly the same reason. DH cannot sleep while I have the light on. I just don't understand men :) He still knows it's on with his eyes closed!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.