Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Computers and Quilting

I've read on the blogs of many others about how at times they experience computer troubles. Well, I think my laptop is going to crash and burn on me one of these days. It's really acting up lately and the other day I really thought that day had come. It is working sometimes, but I'm scared to do anything important on it now. So I think I maybe should start shopping for a new one so that I can transfer everything over, hopefully before the fatal moment happens.

In quilty news, I've been quilting on my poppy quilt. But that came to a screeching halt when I ran out of thread. I knew it wouldn't be enough thread when I bought it but it was the last spool and my favorite quilt shop owner immediately got more on order for me. So hopefully it will show up any day now.


So with the poppy quilt sitting in limbo, I got started on the next quilt in this series. Here it is as it looks today on my design wall.

14 comments:

  1. Love your quilting on the first poppy quilt! Love the colors and shapes in the second quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really great. Colors, design, quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilted swirls are really something. I also really like the strippy effect and the stylized flowers. Hopefully you can steer clear of any crashes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might want to consider buying an external hard drive to back up everything on your computer now so if it does take a dive, you will have everything to transfer to your new computer.

    They don't cost that much and its worth it to avoid a lot of headache and upset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't recommend Dropbox enough! It automatically backs everything up as soon as you save, it keeps document versions for a month and you can access your files from anywhere. I am loving it! But mostly I am loving the new quilt. Each one gets better than the last! Your pastel sunset is batching right now and will be in the mail to you by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a WD My Passport Essential It is so easy. I keep it hooked into my laptop and it automatically backs up everything I do. It is quite tiny and portable

    It's kinda scary to think about how much of our lives are on theses electronics.

    Oh and of course...LOVE the quilts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri the poppies are looking fabulous! And the new one...I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, have an xtrnl HD and backup everything on there.

    Even my whole system in case this puter crashes but is still usable.

    I love this whole series you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have liked the other pieces in this series but I really love this one the most I think. It is that color combo. That just screams CA to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful series!!

    I see an external hard drive mentioned ... I bought one before my last laptop died and am happy I had it. Too bad I hadn't been backing up more often but at least I had most of my important things saved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both quilts are gorgeous. I'm always so happy to see your posts. I read lots of blogs and your work just seems so "clean" or "pure". Neither word really works because there's so much I love...the colors, the designs, the techniques, etc.
    Whatever.....they make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome quilting on that piece Terri and I really like the new quilt - great color combo.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.