Wednesday, September 15, 2010

On the Design Wall

This week I started working on a new quilt. Here is where I'm at so far with it:


Look familiar? It's the second in a series....oooooo a series! That background fabric is another lovely gradient by Vicki Welsh. She recently added some new gradient colors to her etsy shop.  In case you are wondering, those little orange squares at the top of each panel are sticky notes with numbers on them, so I don't get the panels out of order.

And today I felt like doing some mindless sewing and since my pile of used dryer sheets was building up, I thought I'd get out my dryer sheet scrap quilt and add some blocks to it. Here is what it looked like when last I worked on it (6 x 4 blocks).


And after the work I did today on it, it now looks like this (8 x 6 blocks):


It's time to save more dryer sheets.  By the way, I wrote a tutorial on how I'm making this quilt and you will find it on the Three Creative Studio's free project page, named Dryer Sheet Quilts.

Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday.