Monday, July 19, 2010

Flowers and Quilting

Here is a view of the quilt with the flowers fused on. I plan to add the flower stems after the background is quilted. I'm not sure yet what I want to use for the stems....will it be fused fabric or perhaps some couched yarn....hmmmmmm.


I started quilting on this yesterday and I've now got the entire middle cat finished and part of the background directly above the middle cat.


So far I'm happy with how the quilting is looking. I wasn't sure how I wanted to quilt the cats, but after seeing how the gold cat has turned out, I'm pleased.

11 comments:

  1. The quilting looks good.
    Couching ribbon may be interesting for stems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Terri, I just love it!! They look so happy like they are singing. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is so beautiful! I have been following it from be beginning and I love it! Purple is my favorite so that was a great ending for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely. It looks like the flowers are floating behind the cats (I ike it this way!). I think the stems should be very thin if you add some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a fun piece....very playful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O broke my cheater readers this weekend and I can't see the quilting/ :( But the quilt looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy quilt,Terri! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these happy kittehs -- they do look like they're singing. I don't know that you need stems for your flowers -- I'm interested to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.