Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tutorial is Done

I've made a start on the golden yellowy-orangey kitty.


And I've finally got the tutorial finished on how I do this. The name of the tutorial is Mosaic Collage and you can download it here. I do hope you enjoy the tutorial. And I do hope if you make a quilt from this tutorial that you will share it with me.

Here is the next face in my journal. I hadn't painted for a few days and I could hear my journal calling to me. So I finally listened.


When I started painting faces again, a couple weeks ago, whenever that was....I decided to get inspiration from an online class on painting faces. I have been a fan of Sharon Tomlinson's painting ever since I became aware of her. Her blog, Norah'S, is fun to follow and Sharon certainly is an inspiration to many. I decided to take Sharon's class thinking there was probably something I could learn from her. I do believe that everyone can teach everyone else something, whether that something is big or small.

12 comments:

  1. I love your tutorial!When I first saw your cat quilt I was in awe at all the different colors. I never imagined that It would be so easy and fun to do. I will defiantly make a mosaic quilt. The only hard part is deciding what design to choose. Thanks for posting your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite face so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY cool tutorial, Terry, thank you for offering it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great tutorial. I'm going to try your method soon. I have done something similar in the past and also like to use fabric without fusible applied to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really, really LOVE this face. She is jut charming and the opposing page works well too :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic tutorial!!!! I absolutely can't wait to give this a try.
    Love your results.....very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the tutorial I am going to try that too.

    Beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for offering this tutorial Terri !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! I can't wait to try the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun tutorial! Thank you Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love your faces, Terri!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tutorial! Your journal must be so fun to browse through with your beautiful paintings! Oh, on above post - I love that foot pedal feature too and also discovered it by accident but now use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.