Monday, June 14, 2010

BOM Quilt Top


I have spent the last few days finishing quilt tops. I've now completed both of my BOM quilt tops. Here is the first one. This one has twelve 12-inch blocks and is the smaller of the two I made. I still need to get a good picture of the other one and hopefully I can do that soon.

I think I will plan to quilt the one shown here, myself. I'm planning on having a long-arm quilter do the other, larger quilt.

In other news....I learned something new about my sewing machine a couple of days ago. Silly me wonders why it took so long to learn about this feature. I was bending down to rearrange the foot pedal of the machine as it has gotten pushed too far under the table....when lo and behold, I noticed there was some imagery on the foot pedal toward the heel section. I studied it for a minute and a big old light bulb flashed on. What??? Is that telling me what I think it's telling me? And if so, why didn't I know that before. Well I just had to try it out.

Turns out that if I press down on the heel part of the foot pedal and then lift up right away, the needle will go to the opposite position it is in currently. So if I am sewing and my needle is set to be up when I stop sewing, but my hands are busy and I want the needle down.....all I have to do is press the heel part of my foot pedal. DUH!!!! I lOVE THIS FEATURE! Sort of makes me wonder what else my machine will do that I don't know about.

7 comments:

  1. That's a great feature. Mine has it too but I didn't use it right away. It comes in handy when I remember to use it. Now if only I would take the time to drill a hole in my sewing cabinet so that I could attach and use the knee-lift lever all would be hunky dory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilt Terri!
    My machine also has this feature and I use it all the time (but I usually set my machine so that the needle is in down position when I stop).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job with your quilt and what a cool feature.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top turned out great! That's a cool sewing machine feature. I wish I had that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice quilt. I love the colors. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I, too, think the bottom one needs a focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, a great feature. You have done an excellent job of piecing. Mine are going to need sashing. 8(

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of sewing machine do you have? I'd love that feature.
    I really like the quilt. THe colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.