Sunday, March 28, 2010

Creative Cue: Rich

Last week's Creative Cue word was rich. I am rich with kitty love, so that is how I came up with my sketch.


Here is the finished mosaic collage face quilt. I've named her Cira. It's an Italian name meaning sun. It measures approximately 23" x 25.5".


And here is something small I made. I don't know about you, but I happen to have fabric scraps. One plastic tub of scraps that I have are those fabrics that have Mistyfuse pre-applied. The scraps in the tub are mostly from other projects. Well my tub is full to overflowing and so I wondered how I might use some of them up.


So I applied some of the Mistyfused scraps to a batting scrap (yes I have scraps of everything). After I had the batting scrap filled with fabric, I then free-motion quilted the entire thing. Once that was done, I then applied some white textile paint. When dry, I thread sketched a girl. Then I applied a backing fabric, hand stitched around the edges, and affixed it temporarily to a blank greeting card. It's a mini quilt/greeting card combo.

11 comments:

  1. Cira is beautiful, and I love the greeting card you made from your scrap box, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sweet kitty and Cira.

    So the batting/fused scraps was stabile enough to thread-sketch on? I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Can't wait to see what you create with you and your kitty drawing. I'm sure it will be lovely.

    Interesting insight how you use your batting scraps. I'd also be interested in hearing your insights on the benefits of using MistyFuse vs other adhesives (e.g. Steam-a-Seam).

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabric scraps? Me? NEVER, I use every centimeter! ;)

    Neat quilts and card. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitty love would definitely make you RICH. Cira is amazing. What a lot of work for such a unique quilted card. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm beginning to se that to take advantage of creative moments one needs prepared supplies at hand. I need to do this. You are rich indeed. These mosaics are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitty sketch is so sweet. And isn't it amazing how the scraps multiply? I've been working on using the contents of one small scrap drawer, and I can't seem to make a dent. The card is a nice idea.

    I particularly like the brightness of the flowers on your Cira quilt. Are they based on a real flower (they remind me of something I've seen) or are they imaginary?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely great idea to attach the quilt right to the card! A card and gift all in one -- I'd like to try it!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cira turned out very lovely.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.