Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pieced Top

I almost forgot to do my sketch this week for Creative Cue. The cue word is "tie". Here is the drawing I did last night.


Last evening I was able to finish up with piecing this quilt top.


Here is a close up. These pictures aren't that great since I was taking them after dark.


I have a few leftover blocks and plan to piece those into the quilt backing. I have seen others do this and have done it once myself. I have great hopes to get the back pieced and the quilt sandwiched over the weekend. Dare I hope to start quilting?

13 comments:

  1. I love how you did your cornerstone blocks. What a pretty quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very yummy, yummy quilt top Terri!
    Love the sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. even your cornerstones are pieced! love the serene colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute drawing. The quilt top turned out nicely-good use of the fabrics you couldn't resist. The heart is special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't often do sashing but these very creative cornerstones are changing my mind. Luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute kitty wearing a tie. Your quilt looks very pretty. Happy Hearts to you. Keep creating...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your drawings make me always smile. I love that. And I like your quilt although red and green is not my favourite colour combination. I think it is the way you used the colours, together with lots of very bright ones. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's not often you see a cat dressed so formally. Love the quilt - how big will this end up being?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Kitty is adorable. Hope he becomes a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness, but I really like how the quilt turned out. Very modern and updated using those colors that I love so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And wasn't this the quilt that you decided to do on the spur of the moment?! I wish my spontaneous pieces turned out ha;f this beautifully!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those delicate looking colours Terri. I hope you managed to get it done over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your musically inclined cat made me laugh! Thanks for the smiles. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.