Friday, January 8, 2010

Sketchin' & Paintin'

My good friend Sue, sent me a sketchbook to use for my Creative Cue sketches. When I opened the package that arrived yesterday, I found a bonus sketchbook. You rock SUE!!!



So I opened one of the sketchbooks and started with my first Creative Cue theme. The word this week is "east".



I chose to sketch a scene with the sun rising in the east. I decided to give myself some loose rules for my Creative Cue sketches. I would do them in pencil. I wouldn't worry about perfecting them. Just get my idea down on paper and go with it. Don't worry about tweaking and perfect lines, etc. I scanned my drawing into the computer and photoshopped it so that the sketch would show up good. Sometimes pencil lines don't come across well.



And here is my progress on the bird quilt. I've laid down the base colors so far. Next I need to start adding some details, shading and highlighting.


Hope you have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. glad you're happy with what I sent :) your sketch is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful books....for a cool sketch.

    The quilt is coming along nicely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch and I love that bird!
    Sue's sketchbooks are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed seeing your 1st sketch... and quite a nice journal to put them in as well. Hope you're seeing the sun where you are today... 2 weeks and counting for us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute sketch Terri - and I love your quilt. The bird is beautiful - it will be fun to watch your progress with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did Sue make those books! Very nice! And I love your sketch and your bird piece -- you do overlays beautifully!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those little birdies. How do you get that paint so sheer and well covered on the cloth without using water?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your Rising Sun. The bird is perfect for the quilt and so nice to see in this gray weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bird quilt is looking beautiful already, and those sketch books are lovely, lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very yummy sketch books! And love the way the bird came out on your latest quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love, love, love the bird quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.