Thursday, December 24, 2009

Quilting

I started the quilting on my watermelon quilt.


I had originally thought that I'd machine quilt all of it, but once I started looking at it and deciding what I wanted to do, I came to the conclusion that I will need to do a little hand quilting. The center squares are where I'm doing this. Because of the quilting design I wanted to do, I decided that doing it by hand would be better than all the stopping and starting by machine.

I would like to wish all of you who stop by to read my ramblings a very Merry Christmas. I'm not sure if you all celebrate Christmas, but if you do I hope yours is a safe, happy, and healthy holiday. I know there are many areas in the US right now that are making holiday travel unsafe. We are in a snow storm area for the next couple of days, from what the weather people are saying. So be safe and smart out there please!

11 comments:

  1. Oh so very pretty. I really like the colors, so refreshing this time of year:) Happy Holiday to you! Jenna Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I think I'll give hand quilting a try in the new year. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the quilt looks fabulous! Happy Holidays to you Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing to compare to the look of handquilting!

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Terri! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting looks just beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is coming out beautifully, Terri!!
    Merry Christmas to you and all of your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good call on the hand quilting. I especially like the combination of both the hand and nachine quilting.

    Have a good Christmas and be safe:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good choice on the hand stitching, I think I would have felt the same way about it being easier than stopping and starting on a machine, I've heard talk of "bridging" your seperate stitch lines, but I've never successfully done that over short distances: there's just never enough thread on either side of the bridge to bury the threads.

    This quilt is coming along beautifully... about how big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's looking pretty awesome Terri!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.