Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hey Look! More Books

So lately I've been busy making books. Just thought I'd tell you that in case you hadn't noticed.

Why am I making books, you ask? Well because Sue and I are writing a book on books. Sounds a little funny huh? Yes, it is called Creative Ways with Books and Journals. It will have a variety of hard and soft cover book projects all with different surface techniques. We are planning a November release, just in time for Christmas. Here are a couple of the journals I made for the book.


Yesterday I was able to retrieve my sewing machine from the repair shop. While there I happened to glance over toward the fabrics. Not a good thing to do. I usually try hard to avert my eyes from that area. I really have no need for more fabric. Well of course they had gotten some new batiks in and they were just calling to me. So I gave in and bought just a 1/4 yard of each. That is pretty good for me because usually I have to have at least 1/2 yard or more. I usually hoard it thinking there'll never be another fabric as gorgeous as this one. I'm slowly beginning to realize that there will always be gorgeous fabric available.


I looked at these fabrics all together and thought that maybe they'd look good together in a quilt. What do you think?

My inspector is hard at work. She usually has to check everything out that comes into the house.

11 comments:

  1. I'm in love with those journals, particularly the one on the left.

    I think the fabrics could work together... certainly the earth tones combined with the black and white would work beautifully. Maybe some sort of landscape?

    Cute kitty. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inspector says, "Why, yes, I believe these will work fine. Now get busy and get me a treat. Inspecting your purchases is hard work!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't suppose you are a Seinfeld fan? There is an episode where Kramer writes a coffee table book about coffee tables and the book is shaped like a coffee table!

    Great results (I am sure The Inspector agrees) and yes, use those fabrics together...quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your books are lovely - I especially love the one on the left. And your book about books sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The books you've been making are fantastic.
    I don't think 'your inspector' could get much closer to the fabric - must be giving it a good inspection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love your new books. I especially love the one on the left with the purple flowers. You and Sue are so darned creative. Love that you are creating a new publication for all the rest of us to buy :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books Terri. Don't you just love Batik fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your books and wallets are beautiful! Oh I can see I'll have another book on my wish list soon! Are book inspector and book helper two different positions? Both are soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that journal on the left too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the one on the left too. But I also love batiks. Can't get enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog through Sue´s blog,,,I take her book classes. Your work is very inspiring and I am really looking forward to you and Sue´s new book in Nov.....your inspector is sooooo
    cute....gotta love those kittykats.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.