Monday, July 27, 2009

Can You Say "OBSESSED"?

Yes, I'm obsessed with fabulous, gorgeous, hand dyed fabrics. What can I say. I do, however, think I may be nearing the end of this obsessive streak, for now anyway. Here is the latest two-color gradation. Turquoise and amethyst. Another winner in my book.


Below are my updated color charts showing all the two-color gradations I've done to date. I can fit seven gradation sets on each page and I have one more set to make to finish the second page. I think I will do that one more and then take a break. I have other things I need to concentrate on and I think that 14 sets of fabulous fabrics will keep me very busy over winter among other things.


Remember the pink and cream quilt? Well here's a sneak peek at it's progress.

12 comments:

  1. Ooo La La! Turquoise and amethyst! Yummy!!!!

    And thanks for the sneak peek of the pink and cream progress...can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you new quilt gal is drinking, I want some!

    Great fabrics as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb color gradation and intriguing quilt. Can hardly wait to see it.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. O O O O my gosh, I have to do the turquios ~> amethyst gradation, holy cow that's absolutely fantastic. It's absolutely riveting, isn't it, to go through this process and come out the other end with some well-earned beauty to play with? How large are the pieces you're dyeing?

    Gorgeous work, Terri. And I can't wait to see the new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If all this new fabric doesn't make you deliriously happy this next winter, I'll come and bop you in the head! You are making some of the prettiest groups of colors. It will brighten any winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh come on, you can do 56 of them too like me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been lurking for just a little while, watching your blog with interest. I was intrigued when the cream and pink quilt was announced as "ready for the next phase". It looked complete to me (and beautiful). What more could there be?
    Now I'm truly fascinated - where is this going?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your fabrics Terri! Obsessed is what makes the world go around! The pink and cream quilt is wonderful and I am very intrigued to see where you are taking this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely gradations! You're tempting me to get out the dyes and play. =(^_^)=

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful color gradations--I love the blues and purples. I have never dyed fabric. Looks like I might have to do that sometimes--but I have no clue!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely thing to be obsessed with, and the results are so lusciously gratifying!!!
    Can't wait to see that pink and green quilt finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very suspenseful sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.