Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Feet are Killing Me

The other day I made a folder-folio. I'm going to be teaching this at my local sewing shop next month. For those of you who weren't aware, the pattern and instructions for the folder-folio are available on the Two Creative Studios Free Projects web page.


Oh yeah, did you notice that I mentioned my feet are killing me? Well today I've been an organizing fool in my studio. It really needed a complete make over. I recently ordered a new bookcase to put in the studio and because of it coming this week, I needed to sort, rearrange, and streamline a few things. While in the midst of all this sorting, rearranging, and streamlining, Mr. UPSman drove up and delivered my new bookcase. Bummer! It needs to be assembled. Sigh! I'll have to wait until Friday (hubby's day off), I think, before I can admire it in it's new spot and start using it.

Anyway, enough with that! While I was going through stuff, I found some remaining pieces of black on white fabrics that I hadn't dyed yet. You may recall that a while back I was really into dying fabrics with the Jacquard IDyes. Well I had gotten a couple of new colors and hadn't used them yet. So, I plopped two loads of Idye and fabric into the washer and now have two more stacks of lovely dyed fabric to add to my stash.

Aztec Gold / Brilliant Blue

I really need to start creating stuff with these lovely fabrics. Wouldn't you say?

11 comments:

  1. These dyed fabrics would look great with your newly designed fabric--you need to get to "real" work soon! and cut out this organizing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but they're so lovely to look at just as they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri

    Are you still interested in trading fiber ATC's?

    I'd love to swap with you if you are still interested.

    Nuria Madurell

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful and i should think the possibilities are endless? I hope you are now sitting soaking your feet in a bowl of water :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVING that sweet little quilt!!

    *aaack!* you won't believe what my word verification is : SWETE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really should make myself some of those folder folio's, they'll be great for keeping all my class notes in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new folder folio and the "dye job". Be sure to show us your newly organized space when it is
    done :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee...more dyed fabrics! I love the IDye, thanks to you! It's so easy and the colors are great! Your folio background fabrics are really soft and subtle...how beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilt and I love the colors of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh, I like the colors of these fabrics. I can't wait to see what you make with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the folder-folio. Great colours.

    Oooh that fabric is just beautiful. Yummy colours.
    I love your new line in fabrics too. Clever kid!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.