Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Finished, Progress, Discovery

Here are a few things I worked on yesterday. First up is a small art quilt that I finished. It is a mixed-media creation combining, fabric, fiber, paper, paint, lace, ink, and hand stitching.

art quilt fiber paper face painting original collage
Next is a painting I started. I saw another artist creating a painting on a frame exactly like this and that sparked the idea of how I would use this frame. I actually have two frames like this. They say Ikea on the back, and I found them at my local thrift store. I think I paid $1 for each one. The center is a mirror. I've placed some blue tape there to protect it from the paint.

painting mirror frame face girl
And here is my progress on my sweater. I have the back, and two front pieces finished. I started on one of the sleeves last night.

sweater knit knitting
Discovery: You know your kitty loves you when you scoop out a heart-shaped clump from the litter box. (No I didn't take a photo of it)

10 comments:

  1. Terri, both of your new pieces are FABULOUS!!! I saw Aimee's mirror too and thought myself "oh, I have to find a mirror and paint something on it." Now that I see your beautiful mirror, I am REALLY inspired! I love her hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mixed media piece! Run over to my blog and you can see my latest mixed media piece! F-U-N to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - I just love your mixed media quilt! It's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely - my favourite is the frame. actually they would look cool if the picture was extended into the frame inseatd of mirror you had an embroidered/beaded/textile bit in there as part of the picture. dos that make sense? probably only to me.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pieces. More lollipop style flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, I especially love the art quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your new photos/creations. That sweater looks so nice and warm. Love the mirror piece. Too cool!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each project is terrific, but I especially like the painted mirror. I passed by your blog the other day (in a hurry) and wasn't sure what you had painted on. But now that I've read it, I think it is a great idea and a beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. all lovely pieces (they all have orange i them!!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that mixed media piece Terri, that's really cool.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.