Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Small Stuff

I'm still here! I've been otherwise engaged in family matters and haven't been able to do much blogging or creating of late.

I fit in some short periods of creativity when I can lately. I'm still spinning yarn and am even planning to put some in my etsy shop soon.

The photos here are two postcards I made a few days ago. They have a knit focal area with a metal charm. I embroidered some running stitches to hold the knitting down on the fabric background. No, this isn't my handspun yarn.

fiber fabric yarn knit postcard
fiber fabric yarn knit postcard
The next photo shows some fabric coasters I made. Actually these weren't intended to be coasters, but the project I started out with, turned sour and went back to the drawing board. So to use up these scraps I made them into coasters.

fabric coasters
REMINDER: My online workshop - Paper Quilting Explorations - will start on Sept. 15. If you've been thinking about learning some new techniques that incorporate both paper, fabric, and quilting, then I invite you to join me.

The workshop information can be found here. You can also see all the many great classes that both Sue Bleiweiss and I teach if you visit this page at Two Creative Studios.

10 comments:

  1. Very "charming" coasters. Like the whole effect! Love the bright and cheery coasters too. Sometimes our mistakes result in the prettiest creations...!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those coasters look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOove love loves the postcards what a unique idea I really enjoy them :)

    and your quilting squars remind me of fall... ...*sigh*

    Smooches,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been so busy again! Love the coasters and your art journal and that wool you have spun is just beautiful. I'm still struggling :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the postcards - very clever.
    The coasters are so sunny and bright, just what is needed this wet summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm crazy about the postcards. How elegant they look. The coasters are cute too. Very summery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those knitted postcards are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Terri, please take a look at my blog. I give you an “I love your blog” award and I hope you accept it! If you accept, then you have to
    1. Put the logo on your blog
    2. Link to the person who nominated you
    3. Nominate seven blogs you love to read
    4. Link to those blogs
    5. Let those bloggers know with a comment that they’ve been nominated
    Thank you!
    (I will post later about .... you know)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the postcards dear and great coasters despite that they were the end result of one project that didn't work... these sure do!! hope the family issues are all ok!! I know all about those!! hang in there and create when you can!! you have gotten more done than I have since going back to work!! I am pooped out!! have a good weekend! Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fabrics and colours you used for the coasters.Great!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.