Monday, September 8, 2008

Knitting Bug

There's something about the weather cooling and fall fast approaching that is telling me that I should be knitting. I've got the knitting bug all of a sudden.

Today I had some errands to run and while out and about I stopped at a local bead shop that also carries some yarns. I just fell in love with these three balls of soft wool. I don't know what I'm going to make with them at this moment, but I'll find something.

knitting yarn wool
Then later, after I was home again, Mr. UPSman arrived with a package. He delivered these eight skeins of yarn that I ordered online.

yarn skein knitting knit
I found the following sweater pattern online and really liked it.


It reminds me of some sweaters I made last year in baby size. The yarn that was suggested with the pattern is discontinued so I found another one in the same type of fiber composition. If you are interested in this pattern, you will find it here. I plan to alter the pattern a little. Instead of the body being half solid and half striped, I am going to make it all solid in the celery green color. And the sleeves will then both be striped in the white and black. I hope it turns out.