Monday, September 8, 2008

Knitting Bug

There's something about the weather cooling and fall fast approaching that is telling me that I should be knitting. I've got the knitting bug all of a sudden.

Today I had some errands to run and while out and about I stopped at a local bead shop that also carries some yarns. I just fell in love with these three balls of soft wool. I don't know what I'm going to make with them at this moment, but I'll find something.

knitting yarn wool
Then later, after I was home again, Mr. UPSman arrived with a package. He delivered these eight skeins of yarn that I ordered online.

yarn skein knitting knit
I found the following sweater pattern online and really liked it.


It reminds me of some sweaters I made last year in baby size. The yarn that was suggested with the pattern is discontinued so I found another one in the same type of fiber composition. If you are interested in this pattern, you will find it here. I plan to alter the pattern a little. Instead of the body being half solid and half striped, I am going to make it all solid in the celery green color. And the sleeves will then both be striped in the white and black. I hope it turns out.

8 comments:

  1. ohhh. you are also knitting...funny...
    xoxoBarbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that sweater style and I like your choice of colors for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your finished sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That red yarn is to die for! I think its a good job I don't live on your side of the pond, you have so much choice in knit and stitch supplies I'd be forever adding to my stash. If you have some yarn that you need to find some use for and want to do some simple knitting I just found about this great giving project http://plantwhateverbringsyoujoy.com/?p=360

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how out come the knitting needles when the temperature drops! I was sorting my knitting bag this morning ;0)

    Looking forward to seeing you finished jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had that bug to knit as well. If you are interested several of my coworkers meet on Monday nights at the library coffee shop for a evening of stitching. Jenny is often there. I occasional go and bring Alex along. Let me know if you want more details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you incorporated some American spirit into your fabulous knitting designs. It is too bad you cannot use a sewing machine while knitting to make the process faster!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This time of year always makes me want to knit too.Thanks for your comment on my blog - As for the socks ,I've been wanting to try a pair for ages but was scared.It seems to be making a lot more sense now I'm actually knitting them that reading the instructions.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.