Monday, June 23, 2008

How I Spent My Weekend

About a couple of months ago I picked up a few new t-shirts in some yummy colors. I absolutely hate tucking my t-shirts in, so this weekend I finally got around to cropping the bottoms a bit and adding in side slits. I don't know if slits is the politically correct term for this clothing feature, but since I'm not a sewer of clothing, I wasn't sure what to call them.


Anyway, I thought while I had these t-shirts out and in the studio, that I'd pizazz them up a bit. So I got out my paints and stamps and stencils and found objects and went to town. I put a different design on each shirt and while I like how they all turned out, some I like more than others.







The colors in the photos are really bad compared to the real deal. I really hate it when that happens and I would like to know if a better/different camera would be better or if different lighting would be the answer. I've been thinking seriously about getting a new camera. I'd like to upgrade to a digital SLR and have my eye on two models - a Canon and a Nikon.

9 comments:

  1. now those are some very good looking tshirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to spend the weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri....what a great idea! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these shirts - where did you find them in those great colors? Your 'alterations' and additions are fabulous. A weekend well spent! I think you will find eqaul numbers of 'Canon-ites' & 'Nikon-ites' and both camps are probably right. I love my Nikon D80. What I have noticed the most though is that it is not, necessarily, the camera that makes a difference, but rather the lens. I have noticed that the colors are very true right off the bat - needing little if any changes- when I use my new,expensive lens. The colors from the "included" lens are far less true....That's one woman's non-expert opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these ideas - both the hemline alteration & the artwork.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created some really fun shirts.

    Find out if you can set the "white balance" on your camera if you are having trouble with accurate colors. You can also try turning your flash off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, these are just great. my faves are the live, laugh, love and the little birdies. so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shirts are wonderful and love the embellishments. I just cannot believe my eyes though...no kitties ?????

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all so sweet! I especially love that adorable row of tees...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.