Friday, February 15, 2008

Pretty in Pink

fabric art quilt
Yay! I finished it. My materials finally cooperated. Are you wondering what the heck I'm talking about? You'll understand if you read the previous post.

This quilt measures approximately 11.5" x 15.5". This piece started with the center. It's wool roving that I needle felted on my machine. I then created the background. I added some running stitches by hand to the wool area. I used free motion quilting in the center area and a combination straight/zigzag stitch in the outer area. The flower was fused with raw edges and then stitched. I added some beads in the center of the flower.

The part that caused me the delay in finishing was in the center area surrounding the wool, I had applied dots of glue. This is the glue that is used when foiling. I let the glue dry for the minimum amount of time suggested on the bottle. When rubbing the foil over top of the glue some of the glue dots came up with the foil. Argh!!!! The foil dots are quite small and I'm not sure if you can see them in the picture.

I'd like to take a moment and thank all of you who visit my blog. Your visits are much appreciated and I'd love if you'd take a moment to comment...but I understand if you don't have time or prefer not to.

I'm very excited for Monday (2/18/08) to get here. I'm signed up for an online painting class as I'd like to learn some new tips and tricks and improve my skills. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Terri, I visit your blog regularly (I have you in my bloglines) but only occasionally comment. Your art is totally different from anything I do. I think that is part of why I like it so much. Have a good weekend.

    CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is absolutely beautiful! I'm not normally a pink person, but I love the colors you used in this one, the way the work together, is a treat for the senses. Really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri this is fabulous! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color combination is just lovely, and I really like the way you have integrated the colours with the automatic stitch. The roving is just a grgeous focal point. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! I love the colors. Happy Weekend to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful !
    Where are you taking the class through?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I read your blog everyday, I am very inspired by your work. It has something that speaks to my heart...Thank you so much for all your posts and lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this .... I really love your use of colours and patterns and the appliqué and stitching is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilty was worth the wait. It's beautiful. have fun with your painting class.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely quiltlet. You are really getting the knack for creating these awesome little works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terri,
    This piece really jumped out at me when I looked at your blog. I love the combination of colors and, when I enlarged it, I could see the rich texture the stitches give it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty! I visit your blog regularly but don't comment. (I confess to being a lurker who loves looking at your beautiful work) I love your paintings as cats and dogs are favorites of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful. Not my colours, but I like it a lot.
    Have fun with your painting class.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed my close up look at your quilt. Love that pink lines of stitching, they make the whole piece sing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Terri! I love how you take the simplest concepts and create such wonderful pieces. I have an embellisher (Janome) and am still playing around with it trying to come up with something decent. I love how you felted the center blocks and then did a running stitch through them -- it really created a wonderful texture and visual interest. With regard to the foiling - again, I've played with that and it took me three times to figure out how to do it successfully. But it was worth it - as foil really adds a cool element to all kinds of projects. This piece is great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty Terri.
    Well worth all the trouble I think.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty and sweet piece, Terri. I like the vertical pink quilting lines in contrast to the horizontal quilting in the central motif. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really like the textures and colors of this creation. Look forward to seeing more of your work in paining class.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it -- so sweet and wonderful. I love all the textures and the different stitching. A Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This piece is so lovely. It caught my eye when I looked at your blog. The colors are really great.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.