Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesday What Nots

Hi everyone! Well it looks like I'm on a Wednesday kick as far as posting goes. I've been working on a few things, as usual. Along with the photos below I've been working on articles for the next issue of Fibre&Stitch. It's going to be a great issue. The first couple of pictures show some gourd bowls that I made for my upcoming gourd class held at Joggles in April.

gourd bowlgourd bowl
I made myself a set of coasters using the wrapped clothesline technique. You can learn how to make these in Issue 3 of Fibre&Stitch.

coasters clothesline wrapping
I belong to a wonderful group of artists called Twelve by Twelve and we have a deadline coming up on Feb. 1 to reveal our next quilt. Our theme for this quilt is chocolate. A very good theme, I might add. Well I finished up my quilt in the last week and here's a sneak peek.

peek at my chocolate themed quilt
Remember this guy? I showed him about a month ago and held a contest to name him. Well I just put him up for sale in my etsy shop. I would have had him in the shop sooner, but I wanted to scan him and my scanner bed was too small. So I bought a larger flatbed scanner and now have a new toy to play with.

puppy painting acrylic original

16 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your chocolate quilt!
    And this little dog is so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gourds look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been planning to make myself some of those coasters! Now I can just wait for the article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love that purple and green gourd! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri-
    your gourds are more than fantastic !!! I've never seen such beautiful gourd art !!!! ... & I'll be keeping up with your 12 x 12 project...what a great group of artists !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've fallen in love with those Gourds too Terri. I'm also looking forward to making some coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those gourds are fabulous. Like the coasters, found me some clothesline but still haven't had a go at it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're amazing! ALL of this post is fabulous! The gourds are really wonderful...I may have to check that class ------ I just really love the shape !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is lovely. So glad I happened on your blog. Cheers, Trish G.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have been busy!

    Your gourds are so lovely, I'm looking forward to this class and looking forward to the next issue of Fibre and Stitch, although I'm still loving reading the current issue ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your gourd bowls are so beautiful! Wonderful combination of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The gourds are absolutely gorgeous! Love the coasters, too. Now I have to subscribe to Fibre&Stitch ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never been a fan of "gourd stuff" ..... until now! These are soooooo pretty. Terri -- only you could take my least favorite vegetable (!!) and turn it into ART!!!
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never knew gourds could be this beautiful-and I am loving the coasters!!
    You must be beyond cold, as I have the wicked frozen-butt syndrome in Iowa and we are not nearly as far north! Stay warm!
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOh !....I love the coasters.The colours you've used are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.