Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008

As I gaze into my crystal ball......NOT! I really don't think I'd like to know my future. I just don't think I'd enjoy each day fully (do I do that now?) knowing what will happen. It's a good thing that it's not possible.

Last year at this time I posted a list of my 2007 goals. Well needless to say, I didn't really reach them. So I won't be listing my 2008 goals as it would seem pointless. I guess I'm not a list following gal.

I do have some things I want to accomplish this next year. Some are new and some are continuations from previous things. I don't really make new year's resolutions, because I can't seem to stick by those either. I really admire those of you who can stick to your lists and resolutions. I guess I need a dose of will-power and dedication. Is that something you are just born with? So I guess my 2008 so-called resolution will be to get my butt into the studio and get to working/playing/discovering.

I want to wish all of you who visit me a happy, healthy, and safe new year. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit. I love your comments and for those of you who just stop by and look, thank you. Please don't be shy, I love all comments, even if you just want to say "hey".

The following is a painting I finished recently. I am planning on putting some of my recent work up for sale in my etsy shop. I haven't had anything listed there for a while so I think I'll start using it again. I'm hoping to start listing some work in the shop within the next few days.

girl paint acrylic canvas
girl paint acrylic canvas

15 comments:

  1. Marvelous ! Were you trained as a painter? You work never ceases to delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the painting, Terri. The little bird adds just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your oainting is wonderful. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Terri! I love that little bird, he's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty painting!
    And have a wonderfu New Year!
    Waltraud

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay... I lurk, I'm determined to leave comments on more blogs, I know how much I appreciate it when folks take the time to do so on mine.

    I've subscribed to your blog for awhile and don't think I've ever left a comment and have no idea why.

    Love the painting by the way, such rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your painting and it has a definite Go Girl feel with the ploka dot edging around the frame. Very original and whimsical. Keep on painting, girl!
    (auntie jude)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice painting; love the edge treatment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI TERRI!!! It is WONDERFUL to hear from you. Thanks so much for your kind comment. I hope your holidays have been wonderful and your new year is off to a GREAT start!

    warmly,
    Tracie Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Terry,
    a lovely painting, the girls looks curious, observing and the little bird is full of confidence! (and the flowers look as is they had mousse au chocolat inside:)
    Thanks for your visits on my blog and for the new year wishes. I send you some: may you be healthy, have fun and happiness and success!
    Andrea
    and have a wonderful second day of the year...

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely painting. I love the colors and her eyes kind of grab me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, I really like the shape of the flowers and the little bird - so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Terri!! The painting is gorgeous, and the bird is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.