Sunday, November 18, 2007

New Painting

11" x 14" acrylic paint on canvas panel

I've been painting in the evenings lately after Bob goes to bed. I had started this particular painting before I went to Houston and I've been wanting to get it done.

I'm not sure where I got the idea for this. All of a sudden one day it just appeared to me. So I sketched it out and here is the result. Sometimes I wonder if my ideas come from art I've seen elsewhere and my subconscious is bringing those visions back to me somehow. I realize that I am very influenced by all the wonderful work I see in person and on the internet...so it's hard to say exactly where one's ideas come from. So many artists inspire me and I thank those artists for being such great inspiration.

12 comments:

  1. I think this is wonderful. I love the way you did the houses. The colors are perfect, the composition of the images is engaging. This is really awesome Terri. Are you going to sell this or keep it for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to show that we are all jsut a tiny part of something else small (street in earth and earth in the galaxy of sorts)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. It has wonderful ideas.
    I like piecing at night,it seems I do my best work then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You sure have a way with paint ! It's a wonderful, cheerful piece! I think you were thinking of the skyline in Houston when you started it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't we all influenced by what we see? I looked back through your blog to your first post. You have a definite style that I think is recognizable as uniquely yours. I love the way you combine your line drawings, painting, stitching, and applique techniques. My advice ... make what gives you joy and continue to "play" with new materials and methods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely and very unusual, I've never seen one like it anywhere. But I find myself influenced by other peoples work without realising it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This painting is so much fun! I agree with everyone else, I think it's hard not to be influenced by the things we see, whether it be something in nature or other artists work. I think you definately have a unique style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This painting tells stories:) I love the houses with their chimneys smoking and the mouths loughing and their eyes looking sleepy:)
    Have a great day
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is so inspiring!! makes me want to pull out a canvas and paints and just go at it!!

    Happy Thanksgiving, btw!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.