Sunday, September 16, 2007

In My Spare Time

cat mosaic coffee table
When I'm not working with fabric, fibers, and such, I have a few other things I like to dabble in. One of them being mosaics. The above coffee table was a rummage sale find about two years ago, I paid $2.00 for it. The top of the table was a little rough looking but for what I had in store for it that was okay.

Did you notice the part where I said I bought it two years ago? Well yes, that's about how long I've been working on this project. Yesterday I finally got far enough along with it to put the grout on. That was fun, like playing in the mud. I'm going to let the grout set really well over the next few days and then the next step is to turn it upside down and sand and prime the legs and underneath areas. I will then paint some designs in coordinating colors. Hmmm, I wonder if it will take me another year to get that part done.

16 comments:

  1. You'll have it done in no time because now that it looks so good you will want to use it right away! I love mosaics. This is so "you" and very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Terri! I hope you find a nice place for it.

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your little kitty table. Where do you plan to use it?
    Big project, I understand it taking 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have spare time to create beautiful pieces like that wonderful mosaic cat table. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri this is very cool! Love the colors you used and that black and white border is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well however long it takes it is a fantastic project and will be wonderful at the end.

    What a great way to do art but change tack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These mosaics are so pretty. I also love to work with these little pieces, but often there is no time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well no prizes for guessing that I LOVE your table, surely you wouldn't abandoned such pretty kitties for another whole year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so great! I bet you will finish it quickly because it's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terri, it's fantastic and you can't help but finish it soon because we all want to see what it looks like finished, so we will keep plaguing you until you do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic work and I hope we can see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terri, it's me again, I hope you don't mind but I've tagged you, check my blog for details, but don't worry if you don't have time to 'play' I won't be offended.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are too funny . . . Spare time! Ha You are one of the most productive people I have run across. You'll have this finished in no time, the worse is definately behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute Terri. I'd say 2 years wasn't bad. I've got projects that have waited longer to even begin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog, this coffee table is awsome. 2 years work, (while you are doing other creative stuff) !! I hope you will get 2000 nice and admiring comments on this piece,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.