Friday, September 21, 2007

Journal Quilt #38

fabric journal quilt
Well this week's quilt came about from a discussion on the Fibre&Stitch Yahoo group regarding flower stitch feet for sewing machines. Someone on the group talked about a simple way to sew in circles, which is basically what the flower stitch foot does, to my understanding. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

One of the gals from the group, Wendy, had posted on her blog some time back about a knock-off method to stitch circles and she even showed us pictures. Her post is here. So I thought I'd like to try this method and see how it turns out for me. The only thing I did different from Wendy was I didn't bother to put an eraser bit on the top side of my thumb tack.

I found this method rather fun and the circles I made were perfect. I used 4 different stitches on my machine.