Friday, August 10, 2007

Fabric Page for Carol

My August swap partner, Carol, chose a theme of "Just Creamy" for her fabric book. Here is what I have made for Carol. Mostly decorator type fabrics in the background. The circular fabric piece already had the dotted design on it. I stitched that down and added a crocheted focal point. From each point of the crocheted piece I stitched straight out in a star burst type of look. This stitching is very subtle and is almost invisible unless the lighting and angle is right. I added some small pearl beads in the crochet piece. I also created a spiral web of thread in the center area of the crocheted piece, although it's difficult to see in the picture. Hope you enjoy your page Carol.

fabric book page

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Terri! She is going to love this page. That crochet piece is awesome and really is a wonderful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely piece of work Terri. Very subtle and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work. Colors are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous Terri - lovely and creamy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these colours - fresh and clear and especially the circle in the middle - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely. I think it is one of my favorite pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If Carol doesn't like it, I'll take it :) Seriously though, how could she not like it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!
    Subtle, beautiful, and inspiring! What lovely work!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.