Friday, July 6, 2007

HOT HOT HOT

Well we're in the midst of a heat wave. Upper 90's today and tomorrow. UGH! So guess what? This weather gives me lots of indoor time for crafting. The other day I wrote about how I hadn't felt like doing much and I blamed it on the weather. Well today, I feel like creating art and I have been.

Today I finished this small painting. It's painted on cotton duck and is 4" x 6". I had originally thought about making it into a postcard, but now I may change my mind. I still need to do my weekly journal quilt and thought that maybe it would be nice to applique it onto that. I'm still thinking about it.


Yesterday, while at work, I had a little bit of free time. So I found a clipart site with some photographs of women and I did some sketching.




Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. In Germany its cold, cold, cold and this is also good for creativity!I like your painting ! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your women, but I'm crazy about that aqua cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Your sketches are amazing. I've never seen anything quite like them...they haven't irises and pupils but seem to peer out of the computer screen with intensity. Outstanding, personal, and to the point. Love them!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know it got that hot there! It's about the same here in VA but the humidity is also extremely high. I love your new painting - glad you have your mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sketches! Just be glad you're not here in Phoenix, where it's been over 110 every day this week! Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. All we see here in Sweden is rain, rain, rain... Wish we could have some hot weather for a while. Love our sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketches Terri - I really like that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sketches. All we've had in GB is rain, rain and even more rain, and Thursday night 60 mile per hour winds. The weather has gone crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the painting and your sketches are great. It has been hot and humid here also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like your sketches. What's her name?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Sketches Terri, please can you send some warm weather to the UK please it's been nothing but rain here this summer!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.