Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More Egg Progress

I got more done on the egg today. The first photo shows the adding of transparent clay cane slices. I used several flower canes that I have made in the past. I got to thinking about how long ago I had made some of these canes, and I think some were made about two years ago. Can't believe they were still usable. But I keep them wrapped in plastic in a sealed container, and in a dark, cool space. So maybe that has prolonged their life.


The next photo shows after it was baked. I normally bake clay in a clay-dedicated toaster oven, but this egg was too big. Because it sat so high on the baking pan I couldn't get it in the oven. So I had to use my kitchen oven. I sealed a foil tent over and around the egg and baked it.


Now the next step is to sand it smooth and then polish it on the buffing wheel to bring out a nice shine.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, that is just gorgeous ! What a huge egg. So glad you finished it before getting rid of your clay craft items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Terri! That's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That egg is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's so nice. Now how could you get rid of you clay stuff?

    You can always use it to make special buttons to go on your Go Girl bags. That's what I have a box full of clay for, buttons for my purses...(not that I ever use it, but I'll have it when I NEED it!)

    I just bought a pasta machine last week. My DH tought I was going to make pasta! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! How will you display it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very beautiful. I've never heard of this particular art/process before, and while I won't ever do it myself, I'm glad to know a tiny bit about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these eggs are wonderful!
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  8. I collecgt and love eggs! THis one is fabulous! Watching the process has been egg-citing. (oops. sorry!)
    LB

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the most fantasic egg you have here Terri, I just love it. I also love this week's quilt too, I love those colours against the black background and her wispy strands of hair on her neck. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just sooo pretty Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning. I wouldn't get rid of your clay. You never know when inspiration will hit.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.