Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Egg in Progress

I was going through some stuff in my studio today, and came across an egg that my sister-in-law had given me. If my memory serves me, it's a rhea egg. Someone she knew had given it to her and she gently opened it on one end, removed the contents and saved it for me. I used to decorate chicken eggs with polymer clay and haven't done any of this type of work for a long time. In fact, I've recently been thinking of getting rid of all my clay stuff as I don't know if I'll ever do much with it anymore. But I couldn't get rid of the clay stuff without first doing something with that egg. Especially since SIL so kindly saved it for me.

Here is what I got done on it today. I'm showing it next to a chicken egg, so you can get an idea of the size. I've covered it with one layer of clay cane slices and blended them together. I used 5 different canes on this layer. I couldn't get a really good picture of this for some reason and so the colors don't look right to me. The colors range from pink, mauve, light purple, yellow, green and blue.

I'll be adding more layers of cane slices to this over the next few days. The next layers will be transparent layers so that the color from the first layer will still show.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! In so many ways.
    It is really big isn't it.
    Love what you are doing with it, it will be really interesting to see it develop.

    Hugs, Alis

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat! Awesome idea - I'll be watching your progress on this piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is new to me Terri and I can't wait to see how it develops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks lovely Terri, I can't imagine how you manage to cover the shell with clay and not break it, you must have a delicate touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is right- that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.