Saturday, June 9, 2007

Journal Quilt 23

This week's journal quilt was inspired by the work of Nellie Durand. Nellie has created a wonderful series of quilts that she calls The Lake Series. And she recently had some accepted in a gallery. Congrats Nellie!

My journal quilt is a far cry from the beautiful work that Nellie does. Thank you Nellie for the inspiration.


Late last night when I wasn't sleepy, I started on this little paper quilt. It's 6" x 6". I didn't do any decorative stitching on this one. The only stitching is around the outside edge.


Thanks everyone, also, for your lovely comments in the last post, and well, all posts. Zoey had a better day yesterday, she wasn't trying to attack her incision area as much, so maybe she'll leave the remaining stitches alone. I let her have more freedom from the cone collar and boy, did she love that. She bathed herself really good and even played a little.

15 comments:

  1. Don't you just locve Nellie's lake series? Your interpretation is realy nice! Love your paper quilt too. My frame for the paper quilt you sent me should be in this week so I'll finally be able to post a photo of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you having fun with this collage technique that I call "ortwork". Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just clicked on the photo of you piece and see that you combined the ortwork collage with Karen Eckmeier's Layered Curves technique. Even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love both these pieces, but the green cat one is a winner. Its wonderful - those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Nellie-inspired quilt is great. Also the kitty paper quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love nellie's work and your piece is terrific Terri. I like the paper quilt too. Glad to hear that Zoey is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I totally LOVE the Nellie quilt. I think it is one of my very favorites that you have done.

    Also, so glad that Ms. Zoey is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and subtle colours on your journal quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome journal quilt!!! and the kitty paper quilt is the "cat's meow" ....vbg .... & good news Zoey is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful work once again Terri. Both are lovely and I hope Zoe appreciates that you have made her a get well card?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your journel quilts! It is the simplicity of the lines and the colors that just pop! Makes me want to try and do something like that myself... I can't wait to get my first issue of the new mag... it is going to be so exciting to help us all stretch ourselves..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your journal quilt is gorgeous!! And love the paper quilt - so whimsical and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous work Terri. The "Nellie" quilt is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your 'nellie' based quilt page, the colours are beautiful. and thank you for posting the link to Nellie, I hadn't found her before.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.